I've been ruminating over the third baby quilt for weeks now. Looking through books and magazines, looking at websites, even looking on etsy to see other people's projects. There have been plenty of things that I have been interested in - either for me personally or for this baby project. All of them got rejected for one reason or another - too complicated / time consuming for my time frame, don't have the right fabric stash for some of the scrappier quilts, too big, too blah, nice pattern but wrong for the situation, etc. Quilts have been on my brain though - it keeps me from stressing out too much about other things (and I've been seeing the typical overly-stressed signs for a while now - my massage therapist said I had the tightest neck they'd ever seen - and that wasn't a good thing). I've been dreaming about quilts even.
I went to Pacific Fabrics on Veterans Day and got the other two quilts fabric - but couldn't come up with anything that spoke to me. So today, as I was getting the fleece for the back of one of the other quilts I came across a cute little booklet that finally inspired me. And I knew Joann's (as much as they are great for some things) just wouldn't have the right fabrics for what I wanted. So, down to Country Village I went to visit Keepsake Cottage Fabric because they will always have what you need.
I love that place - not only because it's in a big barn -but because the people who work there are SOOOOO helpful and friendly and give you such great service. I found a "charm" pack that I thought was absolutely darling with it's pinks, and taupes and golden colors, found some shades of gray that go with it for the backgrounds and borders and binding.
Now I just need to interpret some instructions that are a bit confusing to me (I'll check with Ruth she's amazing at things like that) and get started when I need some more un-stressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment