As I was working on the quilts I kept thinking that they were almost quilts FOR Mary and Joseph. I know that anyone could win them, they are online as well, but, part of me would love to see someone who doesn't have kids put in winning bids on them and have them sent to Mary and Joseph for when they get to their home in the states (I actually don't know where they would be coming to). And part of me doesn't want to give them up! The girl one is soooo cute, I love the cherries on the border, and how the dark red floral binding makes it all tie together, and now that it is quilted in a swirly pattern it really pops. I'm really sold on the idea of using fleece on the back. It's not a heavy quilt - so you can use it all year long (just layer more blankets in the winter). And I think it makes it a bit less stiff, and super useable - just throw it in the washing machine on gentle, cold water and you're set, no bunching or puffing.
No comments:
Post a Comment