Friday, July 01, 2011

Auction Quilts for Mary and Joseph

One of the things I love about my job (and there are a lot of things I love - one of them is not grading however) is that there are a number of other people that I work with that love to sew too.  Ruth and I are always sharing our latest projects and ideas, and she was the one who helped me make my first baby quilt.  So when my library camp friend Amy said she was putting together an auction fundraiser this summer I thought I could make a quilt.  And since it was summer, maybe some of the rest of my sewing co-workers would want to get together (since we always do school things and never really socialize).  So, with people saying yes, we decided we could do TWO quilts - one for a boy and one for a girl - and not baby quilts - but twin size!








Yesterday - we got together (with our bins and tubs of fabric) and planned out our two quilts.  The top of the girl one is all put together, we just have to quilt it and bind it.  The boy one is in a couple of big pieces, and then we'll have to add the back and bind it, but then it will be done too.  Oh, here is the website for the auction if you feel like you want to bid on some of the items, or read about the cause. http://www.32auctions.com/organizations/1754/auctions/1913

No comments: