Friday, July 01, 2011

Cleaning and Organizing

 Last month Robert's grandma died.  It was probably the best thing actually.  She was really miserable, and had been for quite a while.  Everything that she used to love doing (and there were a lot of things) she couldn't do anymore because of various health reasons.  She was still living at home with Robert's grandpa, and he at 90 couldn't really take care of her.  For example, she fell out of bed and Lou couldn't put her back.  It was getting to the point where they would need to put her into an assisted living facility, and that would mean that he would have to sell his house to afford it.  Anyways, it didn't come to that. Lou seems to be relieved, he's getting out of the house and doing things which is good for him.  And once school was out, I helped Lou clean out some of the massive supply of quilting, sewing, crafts etc.  I ended up with quite a lot of things that I had to figure out where to put.  And before I could do any new projects my sewing room needed a good cleaning.  After sorting, cleaning and organizing, and putting together a new set of shelves, my sewing room is organized and ready to use. 



 Now almost all my fabric is easy to find (I still have two big tubs (not pictured) that I set aside for my auction quilting project that I need to put on the shelves) and I can find all my quilting rulers.  My thread collection is massive - so big now that it doesn't come close to fitting on my thread organizer thing, so it's in a big bin, but I shouldn't have to buy thread for years and years (if not a lifetime). 

So now I can focus on all sorts of other sewing projects.  I don't know what they will all be, but, I have enough fabric to last a while. 

No comments: