Friday, July 30, 2010

Painting In Progess

I've been painting a room a year for the last few years - the first room was the guest room a few summers ago, now a lovely sunny yellow, then it was the living room /dinning room /hall that became green with a darker green wall, then my sewing room a lovely blue (the last two during consecutive spring breaks a year and two years ago). I opted to go to San Francscio this past spring break with my friend Michelle, so I have the summer to complete the next room, and as I realllllly don't want to paint the bathrooms it leaves the upstairs - which is a major undertaking. I'm also repainting the existing trim so it all matches. All the trim is going to be white - some of it was already a grungy white, others was unpainted wood. In other words - lots of primer.


The above is the current kitty condo in a funny little nitch that overlooks the stairs to the upstairs and the stairs down to the basement (guest room / laundry room). I'm going to leave the top ledge white (to match all the trim - eventually). It has already been repainted - it was pretty grungy before. The white walls are going to be a slate gray color.

The current upstairs (one side) where the desks and TV is located. I've started packing up my desk. The walls here will be gray and the wood window trim repainted white, once I move out all the furniture and paint.

This is the hallway to our room and te bathroom. The bottom trim is white but all the door trim is brown and unpainted. It drives me nuts. I will be repainting the trim soon.
This project is in progress. I've primered the wood around the door, so I need to paint and remove the green tape, and I haven't started on the patio door yet. Figured I'd do all the trim first so I have less to tape around.


This is the railing by the stairs going upstairs. It used to be all brown unpainted wood, and was beat up by the cat, it's been painted twice with primer at this point, and will probably take another coat before I use regular paint. It already look a ton better. Though I do hate the carpet.

Finished trim above the door going from the finished dinning room to the upstairs.
Finished trim around the front door and to my sewing room. I do want to repaint the front door, but I don't know what color. Any suggestions? I also need to put trim into my sewing room so it's completely finished.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm so glad to see you're blogging again! I love seeing what you're up to, and I'm very jealous of your opportunities for home improvement. I love painting and having control over my space (i.e. not renting). As for the front door, you know I love super bright colors, and I think a bright red or purple or maybe a bright forest green would be awesome. Of course, just my opinion :)