A picture from earlier in the fall, when the colors were first starting to change.
Monday, November 17, 2008
one down (almost)... two to go
The end of the trimester is at the end of this week. I need to get through this week, through this month before winter break. I need a break. I'm looking forward to my train ride more than I thought I could. 7 hours of no responsibilities. No driving. No correcting. Sure, I won't be able to see the scenery because my train leaves at 5 something in the evening, but I plan on bringing a book I've been wanting to read for a while. I'm stressed out in this job. I feel as if expectations are set at a level that I'm unable to get to, and that I'm supposed to know all sorts of things that I just don't know. A lot of my parents are very understanding that I haven't really had a chance to sit and think, let alone plan much of anything. I'm running a day or two ahead of my students, if that sometimes. Overwhelmed am I. Worse than overwhelmed, I am beginning to not want to even go anymore. Where once there was stress AND joy, there is now just stress. Now I know how teachers burn out quickly. I have to figure out how to not be another statistic.
A picture from earlier in the fall, when the colors were first starting to change.
A picture from earlier in the fall, when the colors were first starting to change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment