Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Because Maggie tagged me, and I'm putting off grading, here goes the 7 quirky things about me, and 3 things I love about me.

7 quirky things about me.

1. I rarely sneeze just once. Usually it's two or three, or sometimes 5 or 6 in a row. If I sneeze just once, I will sneeze again in the next 5 minutes or so.

2. I love cooking, but when I cook I tend to not actually eat it. For example, I'll make my yummy vegetarian lasagna but when it comes out of the oven, I won't eat it, not even in leftover form.

3. I'm vegetarian but I do not like many vegetables - including almost all (if not all) of the cabbage family. I justify this by saying I did not choose to be a vegetarian, I was raised that way, and there are lots of people who don't like vegetables. I will say that I have been eating a larger variety as I've been getting older.

4. I swear a lot, when nobody is around, except maybe the dog. It's at it's worse when I'm driving. Around any other person, I do not swear at all. Period.

5. When nobody is home, I sing loudly and out of tune, dance and skip around the house, race the dog through the hallways and dance with myself. All of which I would never (or very rarely) do if anyone else was here.

6. Talking in my sleep is not at all uncommon.

7. When I dream I regularly dream the same handful of dreams. One is being chased by something bad (buglers, murderers, demonic semi trucks, etc). Another is falling asleep on the job (this dream changes based on the job I have - has been library staff person, pre-school teacher, Olive Garden hostess, 5th grade teacher.) Or falling. The rest of the dreams I rarely remember.

3 things I love about me.
1. I love my hair color. I've had it colored in the past, and I probably will in the future as I'm going gray already, but I love how it changes color in the summer and all the different tones and colors that are in it from black, to reds, browns and coppers and sometimes in the summer even some bits of dark blond.

2. I love my shoe size. I never have much trouble finding shoes, they look cute, and I have to say that I love shoes. Superficial, but I do love it.

3. I love my family - not really me exactly, but I love that we've all been there for each other, and even though we drive each other nuts, they have never doubted me, even if I doubted myself, and I would consider my family to include Robert as well, even if it isn't official yet.

I tag Liz, Lisa, Amy and anyone else who reads this.

1 comment: