Sunday, August 24, 2008

beach time


One of my best friends Carthey rented an adorable house in La Conner for a week to get away from things and invited me up to stay with her. It was pretty much fabulous. We went to Fairhaven for a good part of a day - went window shopping and I even bought stuff - a fabulous orange skirt at a (new to me) consignment store that is on Harris Avenue. The buildings that were just being built when I was last there are all done and it was a bit strange actually. We didn't go into Bellingham proper, but we had a lovely outdoor lunch at the Mambo Italian Cafe before driving down Chuckanut Drive back to the cottage. I also had quite a bit of fun playing with my new toy, a fabulous digital SLR camera that is on indefinite loan to me from Jerry. Now that I've bought a CF card that is much bigger than the 32 MB one it came with (up to 4GB) I can start taking pictures for the book!



No comments: