For school not being in session yet I've spent three full days at a school. I don't even have a classroom there. I spent probably half the time unpacking, stamping, dividing and delivering a brand new math curriculum for all 9 grades at the school. It's tricky because the school is a challenge school and while a class may have 22 first graders in the class, half of them are going to be starting with the 2nd grade curriculum and the other half are going to start in the middle of the 2nd grade curriculum and then do the 3rd grade curriculum. So the numbers are way off in terms of numbers of books for each grade. And because the whole school is on the same new curriculum I had to surplus all the old stuff, what a pain. Something like 60 plus boxes of books individually labeled with what is inside, with shipping order to be filled out for the district. I also got all the first day packets ready for orientation night, can you get carpal tunnel from stapling? The office manager wants to hire me to be the gopher girl / emergency already there sub. At this point I would accept. Since the stinky public library didn't hire me for the job I was way over qualified for. But there may be an oppurtunity in my future for at least a few weeks of regularity - if you can consider the first few weeks of school regular by any stretch of the mind. I'll find out more today hopefully.
Things not related to school are cars. Roberts car got totaled last week while it was parked behind the shop. Some stupid person stole a car, lost control of it and crashed it into the back of Roberts car, moving it about 30 feet from where it was parked. I thought I had a picture but it seems I don't, but imagine the back bumper above the rear wheels. So yesterday (and today to come) we were out looking at trucks. I have to say I'm not a huge truck person, especially the big trucks, but, that's what he wants. I love my little Honda with it's great gas mileage. Maybe I'll take my camera with me this time and get a picture of what we are looking at.
No comments:
Post a Comment