Tuesday, June 10, 2008

jungle yard

My back yard in many ways resembles a jungle. I suppose years of neglect will do that to a yard, only now it's up to me to bring it back. In some ways I'm glad it grows so well. I don't do anything to it (in terms of water, fertilizer, etc) and it just grows and grows and grows. Sadly, the weeds grow as well as the grass. Dandelions are the bane of my existence, as are blackberry vines. If they would only stay contained I would be a happy girl. I would also be happy if the fence around the yard was not broken so I could let Solomon run around there as much as he wanted with out him escaping. Even though it's quite jungle like I still sort of like it's wildness. Though, to make it a really usable space will take some serious work.


However, there are some lovely surprises to be found in the "jungle". Like at least one huge rhubarb plant.


And some mature and blooming rose buses. Too bad I can't actually get to the roses.


Someday I think I'd like to have one of these in the backyard with a bunch of chairs, etc. It'd be handier still if we lived closer to people and could really entertain.

No comments: