Friday was also Gavin's birthday dinner. Good food, lousy service at Rock Bottom in Bellevue. Had ANOTHER blond moment when I parked in the wrong garage and long story short - they closed the garage 45 minutes after I got there (before we were even seated for dinner) and it wouldn't reopen until Monday morning, so I had to call the security people to let me into the building - once I was in the building I could get out of the garage, but seriously, if I'd noticed the sign I'd have been a lot less stressed.
Saturday (today) was Maggie's housewarming party in Poulsbo (I could google it to find out how it's spelled, but I'm feeling lazy in that regard). Really nice house, though it'd be an awful commute. Basically makes me jealous that the house is as nice as it is, doesn't require the kind of work that I'm having to put in. Nice ferry ride though, I got to hang out with Corinne and Ryan, which I haven't really done ever on a one-on-two situation - it's basically always been in group situations. Every time I spend time with Ryan I like him a little more. (Not to say I didn't like him before, but, my regard grows each time). Here's a picture from the ferry going into Seattle. Have to say, if you are going to see Seattle for the first time, it's probably one of the best ways to experience the city (weather permitting)
So, now I'm furiously cleaning the house, getting rid of the junk and clutter that I don't need, and looking wishfully at the junk that isn't mine - hoping I could get rid of it. There are too many things that need to be done though, and things to be replaced. And a substitute teacher doesn't make enough to finance them all. Sadly. I need a real job as
1. our TV died (see picture) and it'll take something pricey to adequately replace it.
2. The deck is well rotted to all and I don't want there to be another giant hole.
3. The carpet needs replacing.
4. The main bathroom needs to be gutted and walls replaced because of old water damage (this also means my craft room as well will need to be in pieces).
5. The yard. To say it is overrun with weeds is an understatement. To say it is a jungle is more like it. This is more labor intensive than anything else though.
6. Basic things like molding around windows / floorboards. Screens on the windows would be nice. Painting the rest of the rooms. New rugs.
Things in our way of getting these things done:
a) I'm going to be gone for 4 weeks during the summer when I normally don't work.
b) Money - see the part about subs getting paid next to nothing
c) The huge amount of stuff to get done
d) There are only two of us and that's not enough.
e) other things
So basically I am overwhelmed.
The rest of Saturday will probably consist of cleaning, laundry, etc. Sunday will probably be more of the same. Sounds exciting eh?
1 comment:
Even though it seems like you are overwhelmed, take things one at a time. It may look like our house isn't a lot of work, but it is. We have a lot of repainting to do. The carpet upstairs needs to be replaced, but it's soooo much to do at once well probably have to replace the carpet one room at a time. I'm sure your yard is worse than mine, even with how small ours is, there is work to be done. We have a drainage problem in the backyard and are going to have to do some massive landscaping. I hear ya, its a lot to do with no money. Luke and I are in that same boat--plus we have the time issue--Luke's commute is so long he really only has about 3-4 hours home per evening. I mean yeah, if we didn't need sleep it would be a lot more... but you know me, I love sleep.
I'm glad you got to spend time with Corinne and Ryan. I feel the same way with Ryan, every time we hang I like him more. I think it because we didn't really get to know him when they were first dating and we were all living together.
Anyway, goodluck with all your projects!
PS I need your new address to send you a thank you card. will you email it to me?
Post a Comment