Clearly, this is a furry, black dog. And he gets warm, especially during the summer. He tries to find the coolest place in the house to lounge in, except he doesn't like the basement for some reason. He'll try the space in front of the fireplace because it's got a stone hearth that is cooler. He'll try in my sewing / craft room because it doesn't get much direct sun and stays cooler. But when those places don't work, he turns to the bathtub. Now, this is a dog who HATES to have a bath. Will run and ride on our bed after we chase him around the house. Hates baths. Loves to sleep in the bathtub. At first I didn't quite believe it, but I would go into the shower and see dog hair all over the place, so I snuck in and caught him in the act.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Solomon's antics
Our dog is so cute. Some days I just can't get over him. He has his quirky habits too. He's got this half mangled, torn up, slobbered over stuffed puppy toy. And he LOVES it. The stuffing in the head is all gone, but I think it makes it more appealing to him that way. He carries it around the house with him, he tries to take it outside on walks. Right now he's lying on his back with it's brainless head in his mouth playing with it with his front paws. It's quite comical. He frequently runs around the house with it, shaking his head, basically trying to tear it to pieces, or, he'll fall lay down somewhere and snuggle with his poor mangled puppy.
Clearly, this is a furry, black dog. And he gets warm, especially during the summer. He tries to find the coolest place in the house to lounge in, except he doesn't like the basement for some reason. He'll try the space in front of the fireplace because it's got a stone hearth that is cooler. He'll try in my sewing / craft room because it doesn't get much direct sun and stays cooler. But when those places don't work, he turns to the bathtub. Now, this is a dog who HATES to have a bath. Will run and ride on our bed after we chase him around the house. Hates baths. Loves to sleep in the bathtub. At first I didn't quite believe it, but I would go into the shower and see dog hair all over the place, so I snuck in and caught him in the act.
Clearly, this is a furry, black dog. And he gets warm, especially during the summer. He tries to find the coolest place in the house to lounge in, except he doesn't like the basement for some reason. He'll try the space in front of the fireplace because it's got a stone hearth that is cooler. He'll try in my sewing / craft room because it doesn't get much direct sun and stays cooler. But when those places don't work, he turns to the bathtub. Now, this is a dog who HATES to have a bath. Will run and ride on our bed after we chase him around the house. Hates baths. Loves to sleep in the bathtub. At first I didn't quite believe it, but I would go into the shower and see dog hair all over the place, so I snuck in and caught him in the act.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment