- Getting the yard into some sort of shape - this ideally includes creating raised garden planting beds with gravel walkways around them (less mowing, Solomon can't walk all over them), creating a stone retaining wall and extending the raised planting area by the fence and weeding / replanting those beds with low maintenance perennials / herbs / flowering bushes
- Finish unpacking everything and organizing- this mostly is the downstairs library area, but includes other areas
- Create artwork for the empty walls in the house
- Sew - I don't know what yet, but sew something
- Start the Pro-Teach process to renew my certificate during the 2012-2013 school year
- Read a lot - especially the classics as I require my class to read them, I should be re-familiarizing myself with them.
- Camp / boat / hike
- Reconnect with my girls
- Redesign the science curriculum for my class - go over the state / national standards and incorporate what we are supposed to be doing in the terrible kits we get with the idea of a year long curriculum based on the local environment - including earth history, biology, botany and our school's bioswales. We have an amazing local environment to take advantage of with the creeks and Puget Sound and the students will be going to camp in September so I want to build on that excitement and continue it all year long. I want it to interdisciplinary, and include becoming an advocate. There's a lot we can't do because of district regulations on the school property - but we can walk to a local lake and there is a stream system just on the other side of the school that we can learn about water quality and macro-invertebrates and invasive species of plants. I think we could really make it into something special
- Check out my new neighborhood - explore my new community
- Increase my physical fitness
- Take photographs
Saturday, June 02, 2012
Summer fun?
There is a ton and a half of things to do before summer break, a month to go as of today until we are done. But, unless I write down my plans for the summer I'll focus on those instead of what I need to do to get to summer break. So, my goals for the summer - both work and non-work related include (but are not limited to):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment