Saturday, August 27, 2011

School year creativity?

Is school year creativity going to happen?  This year, I don't know if it will.  My inclination to do creative things drops substantially during the school year under the best of circumstances, but this year I think it may die completely. 31 was going to be a lot of  kids, 33 is obviously going to be more.  (Side note:  between the two 6th grade classes we are going to have 64 kids so I think we we should have two classes of 32, a nice even number, can break it into a number of different sized groups, etc etc, BUT NO, it's 31 and 33 because of the idiosyncratic nature of trigger and how they don't really want to pay us more despite it being better for the students - but I digress).  So, I think I may need to do some serious thinking about homework assignments and how I grade things because it's not my favorite activity in the world to begin with, and now it just may be push me over the edge.  My brain however refuses to cooperate with me this morning, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.  (My brain thinks something with technology would be good, but isn't sure what it is yet).   I'm also trying to figure out how how I want to deal with the Meghan P. / Megan P. issue - I'm thinking last names for those two unless they have a nickname that they go by.


No comments: