Monday, October 06, 2008

Gerbils move to Terrace Park and other school mishaps

The gerbils have moved out, they've taken their supplies and left a mess, and have relocated to my classroom. This of course created chaos when the students discovered their new roomates. Most were excited, one really didn't care, a few didn't like them at first, but later changed their minds. Too many students wanted to hold them, but the gerbils aren't used to being held so much (I'm a bad gerbil mommy) and accordingly they freaked out. It will probably calm down in a week or so (I hope).

I finally got the software to do my grades and I thought how I arranged things was brilliant, keeping the subject areas separated so that it's easier when it comes time to do report cards. Only now when I want to generate a missing assignment list for each student I have to go each one individually -they won't combine. I need to figure out a way to fix it.

I did get a lot of grading done over the weekend. Now I just have to keep up this week so I don't have the same thing happen next weekend. I need a weekend off. And it has to be this one coming up because the weekend after that I have a conference to go to (school related even). And the week after that is parent teacher conferences. I have no idea what I'm really supposed to have for that. I guess I just ask someone and hope they have a clue.

At least this Friday is a non-student day. Morning I think is building stuff, but the afternoon I can grade and plan for hours. It will be nice. I'll have to take pictures of my classroom - preferably in the morning because by the afternoon it's trashed. My kiddos are pretty cute though - don't think I'm supposed to post pictures of them though.

It's 7:30. I basically left school as soon as I could, stopped at the grocery store, and have only been home for about 2 hours and 15 minutes and I'm ready for bed. Wiped out and it's only Monday.

No comments: