Thursday, July 31, 2008

childrens book author?

So Maggie is going to make books. And I want to do something with children and books, likely the library route, but I could see myself being an author as well. I'm not the best story writer, so I thought I would start small. I'm thinking.... ABC Book - pretty easy format, not a ton of plot. I was thinking I could indulge my photography interest, borrow the digital SLR that has been offered for borrowing and create a book. My idea - a Ballard area ABC book, essentially NW Seattle (North of Lake Union, west of the freeway and still in city limits. It would give me something to do this summer before school starts again. I've come up with ideas for most of the letters, but no title has come to me yet. It might... Maybe something along the lines of from Archie McPhees to ZooTunes: a NW Seattle alphabet. Not that catchy though. Needs some work. And I'm totally still in the brainstorming phase for it all (plus those names I think are trademarked). Anyways, gives me something to think on.

1 comment:

Team Hemphill said...

Do it!
And I'll print your book :-)