I was remembering today about a time not that long ago (well, senior in high school - so probably 2000 / 2001) when I thought that my dream job and life's ambition was to be the first ever female Librarian of Congress. Clearly that didn't happen, and probably won't happen as I've turned towards education and school libraries, and I'm not fluent in multiple languages nor likely to be nominated for the position when the current guy gets too old to work anymore. But I can imagine now (after a few days of cataloging class) what things I would do if I were in charge and ruled all the little LOC minions. A few ideas:
1. simplify MARC records and cataloging in general. I'm thinking about going with a color based system.
2. hire a bunch of minions to just do children's materials and get them caught up to the rest of the materials in the LOC world.
3. ??? suggestions anyone???
1 comment:
Laurel--
Knowing your childhood dreams is half the battle. I don't have any that I can think of and I have been recently thinking a lot about this topic.
I think you should still go for the LOC. Continue to do things in yoru life that will set you up for that position. I'm mean yeah, you won'tbe getting it when you leave gonzaga (or where ever the heck you are) but that doesn't mean you will never get it.
ACHIEVE YOUR CHILDHOOD DREAM!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo
Post a Comment