Sunday, May 25, 2008

wedding blissfulness



I love going to weddings where I know people. I guess you don't ever really go to weddings where you know nobody, but I've been to ones where I only know like one or two people and it's awkward. But weddings where you know a lot of people are fabulous. Crazy awesome party + gr eat reason for everyone to be together again. Corinne and Ryan's wedding = amazing. And it was so perfect. The weather I don't think could have been better, warm but not sweltering, clear and sunny with million dollar views of Bellevue / Seattle. To be fair it did rain a lot but it was at least 11 or so before it started and it was not cold, it was lovely as well. The ceremony wasn't long and drawn out (only 4 minutes!) but it was just right and thankfully I didn't start crying because I was not wearing waterproof mascara. It was just perfect, and I am so happy for the two of them.

Other wonderful things from the evening:
  • It is so nice to be with the people from Western. I didn't really realize how much I missed those "good ol' days". Gavin, Julie, Matt C (an d Meredith), Lauren, Maggie (and Luke) and Mike and Luke and me and of course Corinne as it was her wedding. We have too much fun together. I have missed them very much. All of them. Now that we aren't in the same campus area it's so hard to get us all together being strung along the west coast. It was amazing being back with them all.
  • I love to dance. I may not be especially good at it, but I really do love to dance. It makes me want to take an actual dance class - like ballroom dancing, but more swing, waltz, etc. And I love to dance with people, club dancing is all fine and dandy and I enjoy doing that very much, but dancing with a single person is even just a bit more wonderful and special.
  • Now I've got a bit of wedding fever. Not a high one, just a little bit of "wasn't that wonderful"ness combined with "I wan t some of that magic too". Perhaps someday.

1 comment:

Team Hemphill said...

The wedding was great. I too love going to weddings were you know a lot of people. It's so much more enjoyable. I loved seeing all the Western people. When we were all at school, we didn't realize how lucky we were to have everyone right at our finger tips. I miss that--being able to get everyone together, short notice, just to hang out.
That was SERIOUSLY the shortest ceremony ever.