Haven't updated in like.... FOREVER.... but I have other blogs that get more use these days. I've decided to use this particular blog to document my re-decorating (and hopefully future re-modeling) projects. I'm planning on putting up some pictures of the projects as they are progressing as well. It pretty much just started today though.
- First thing to do: install socket and lightswitch covers. There were something like 20 different sockets that needed covers. And a bunch of light switches. So, I put on a bunch of those today, but I don't think that you need to see before and after pictures of those.
- We also put an actual front porch light in. Before there was just this bulb thing with no cover, and it didn't actually even work, so now it's pretty and it works!
- We started painting the future guest bedroom. When I move in my bedroom furniture next weekend it will be into this room which will become the guest bedroom. I thought the room was entirely too dark being down in the "basement" and all, so I thought a nice light yellow paint would be nice. So, one coat is on, and it will take at least one or maybe two more coats to be finished. Add some furniture, curtains, and artwork and it won't be just YELLOW, but hopefully a cheerful room for someone to stay in when they come to visit.
- Future projects - make the powder room bathroom not scary; fix the other office to become my work / storage area (requires actual tearing down of walls to fix water damage though); and even though now I am having second thoughts about painting - I would like to paint the walls of the living room / dinning room, and the upstairs room/office/living room; clean up the back porch and make it a really nice usable space and not a junk storage area; the yard (both front and back)- to say it needs serious work is serious understatement; CLUTTER REMOVAL - there is a lot of stuff that doesn't need to be here, so perhaps getting rid of it is in order; a number of other little projects; actually moving all my stuff in and into it's right place here; serious cleaning from top to bottom, lots of scrubbing will entail.
It seems I have my work cut out for me. It's really a pity now that painting is not as much fun as I thought it was going to be as it fits into many of my plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment