One of the handiest things about being able to sew, is that I can order clothing online, and if it doesn't fit quite right, I don't have to send it back, I can just tailor it to fit me. Example: I ordered a dress from ModCloth.com which does only small batches of each garment, and when it came the bodice was just tooo big. So I just added some darts along the back where it was already gathered. You wouldn't know I even did anything, and it fits much better, and I have an adorable and nearly unique sundress.
1 comment:
Love ModCloth! They have CUTE stuff.
I wish I was gifted in the the sewing abilities cause even clothes I buy at the store usually need to be altered. Case and point: pants. I'm just so short that I pretty much need to hem all my pants. But I don't. Sigh.
Post a Comment