Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween

This past week has been quite the interesting week. It was all half days due to parent teacher conferences. I had 26 this week, and I'll have to do another 3 the coming week. Half days suck. The structure just isn't there, and the kids can't seem to settle down. We did have some fun though. We had Senator McAuliffe and Senator Shin come and talk to a number of the classes on Tuesday and Thursday. There was specialists on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, which was nice, I got a chance to use the bathroom as the kids were in the room the rest of the time. Had math rotation twice. Friday was literary character dress up day, since we can't do Halloween. Anyways, I spent a number of my evenings last week not grading papers (which was really nice if I can admit it) but instead I was sewing my costume. I was planning on making the costume weeks before I knew about literacy character dress up day. So after a bit of research into children's literature, I found out that there are very few historic female Japanese characters. So, I became Sadako, from Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. Not the happiest of stories, but at least the costume fit the cover on the book. Friday evening we went to Brian and Melissa's Halloween Party, and then I slept for a long time. Saturday I didn't grade either. So that means today I have a lot to do. Lots. I hate grading. I am thinking I will get a parent volunteer or three to grade, even if they just graded the math homework, I could get so much more Laurel time. Anyways, a picture from the festivities.



1 comment:

Team Hemphill said...

Incredible Kimono! Where on earth did you get it?!